Monday 28 July 2008

a resolute will and the heart of a tireless dune



An e-mail my friend Jeremy wrote me and some of my friends once. I felt that the public at large needed to see it; and by at large I mean the four people that read this blog.
On the left there, we have an example of jerry.
On the right there we have an example of suburban safari-ing.



Greetings,
This Saturday the hypnotically induced, mirage prone 'trans suburban
safari' trances into your local harbour of lockwood and weatherboard.
A strange and gloom ridden voyage through the esoteric reality's of
the subtopia chimera... the milk and honey of wastelands. The 'trans
suburban safari' offers you an apparition, a hocus pocus phantasm of
isolation and desolation - like a desert fever dream except with
houses and tar seal. So join us on this solitary crusade, this walk
where hell knows only of such sweat laden misery's and utopias.

Equip yourselves with all and many of the following essential survival
techniques:

- car key desert robes and drabs.
- water
- salt
- camels and camel paraphernalia
- other devices for general sand deflection
- airtight food wraps
- maps, compasses and constellation arts
- safari pith helmets
- sweat retention co-ordination
- snake and scorpion death rattles
- Tuareg swords and arm daggers
- hawk eyes and intensities.
- a resolute will and the heart of a tireless dune

Suburbia awaits thy questing... and conquering delusions.
South Karori 9am.

I missed out on this. I think I'll always be upset about that.
I also have a sneaking feeling Jeremy is my favorite author.
I hope he feels ok I have put this up.


No comments: