Tuesday 29 July 2008

An old e-mail conversation I came across

It makes me happy and sad all at once, and I feel in a lot of ways they were better days.


BRETT:

So. You must be there, which must be very different. Subway transport and dog-shit ladies and american flatmates and homesickness and culture shock and pure hype of the pure unknown? The old Wellington is very quiet. I have a cold. I have watched Greenaway's 'The Draughtman's Contract" to see how that sweet 2d track was used, and it was played much slower and used like mainly to mark progress in the story, for transitions between scenes as far as I could tell. The exact same zoom failure that occured with Nick's camera the moment you bought your new camera happened to Nick's gamecube controller = as we played Resident Evil 4 and the zoom on our rifle scope kept going in, then kept going out then stopped. We have not begun any new projects as of yet. Endeavour on white elf pilgrim! --



JEREMY:

day 17.

1000 hundred dark golden

infinity potion sparks from the lost moons of an unforgetable elvish realm.

Seoul.

population density: without question

its got smog and concrete for comfort, whats more plants are very popular.

i am a teacher.

one of my students is a harmonica slinging akido master.

he is ted.

there are many others.

everyday is another list.

i walk and film. first without any image stablisation and later with plenty.

I am surrounded, but without threat.

they dont seem to have police here and hospital patients roam the streets and the side walk cafes like the zombies they are.

I live on the 13th floor of a brownish gray apartment.

number 103.

there are many more simular for me to ponder its like communism.

except with makeup.

when you go into the exterior there are devices for physical toning in every direction. so forget about not fully indorsing a resolute physical rigme its part and parcel.

old women wear visors that make them look like future humans.

I work and hang out with children. they like how hairy i am, im like some enlarged domestic animal, made for group patting.

its a lot hotter. a better climate for sweat excreations

drinking so to get drunk is also a well established doctrine of these shores, especially on mondays and wednesdays.

drunks inhabit a lot of your visual resources. and are a pleasure to watch much like the subway is a great way to invest your 'won'. its in tunnels and on bridges, and breaths a wind so intoxicating you are bound for nothing less than unrivaled meta mayhem.

sun ra helps, by and by whats sweet is how similar both shen mu and warlords are to this place.

in each you start of small and unknowing and before long expand to rule the greater universe... but watch out for dragonflys they surround this dimension heavily, korean horror films also know a few princely limits that and filled suassage cabbage can implode my brain into a million shards of paraniod pain with consumit ease.

Osaka, Japan was like a giant over-sexualised robot planet sphere. the train i caught there was a heavy purple and was so full of its own deep-speed-emotions that it didnt even give a crap about going fast.

your comrade jeremy

Ps. next un-union toyko?


GREG:

Mr O, oh oh oh I didn't even know you had a go go go.

Mads told me you left. Wow excursions excursions!! Did you come through the A to the K to the L. I would have very much liked to have seen you, but instead I will make do with your tall step sister DJ Cyrus-ette. It sounds exciting and scary and like my thailand excursion except for a lot longer. Not much to report on the Auckland front. I have a radio show called the electric company now, like the childrens show but without spiderman and much less American. I plan on making a move at the end of April 2006 for some sort of european shores. Maybe I will swing by Asia way and catch up for some white port and cigars. I like the idea of a harmonica slinging akido master. Its a long way from Taupo me old droogies. Phil. Where abouts are the photos from the droog re-union to end all droog re-unions. Brett jog-hansoth. I am sad that Wellington is lonely for you. We will have to make an effort for some kind of half re-union. What has happened to all the instruments O'sullivan? and what of the footage from the trip?

A tokyo re-union sounds right up my hutt valley.

Japan

Japanese people

cell phones as small as i-shuffles

Neon lights shimmering neon lights

technology.

A haven for four such futristically cultured fellows such as ourselves.

The one like the one called Greg

PS: Send me an address Jeremy James and I will send you a care package for your masterful travels.




No comments: