Friday 23 January 2009

Mark Gormley is a genius

Mark Gormley is a singer/songwriter. Some people say he started singing in the 70s. I feel like potentually he became a burnout in his early years and his promising career took a nose dive when the drugs and the drink got too much. He could have been bigger than Elvis. After leaving the scene all together he could have fled to Tibet and become a monk. Everybody thought he had just dropped of the face of the earth.....but he's back.
My favorite part of Mark is his music videos (although who am I to hassle as I can't seem to even finish the damn things) which consist largely off him standing with his hands by his sides on a green screen comped over a poorly chosen background and looking decidedly uncomfortable. If you watch closely you can catch the quick glance off to the side "Are we filming?" faces.
Lens Flares feature quite a bit as well.
I also like the presenters of the show and really want to watch it. I gather that its some kind of cable access show. Its billed as the most important music show on television. Mark is quite the celebrity on it. I like the idea that perhaps it could actually be really important musically in the future, like Tony Wilsons old show on the bbc or even John Peel. That would make me look quite the fool.
I do feel quite sorry for the guy though. I mean his voice isn't bad if your into that really generic hippe shit that came out after Vietnam, and it just sort of seems like this random fan who works at a TV station has some how told him its a good idea to make these music videos and poor old Mark who did a bit much acid when he was a hippie just doesn't have the anything left upstairs to fight back with.
All in all. Genius.



I found the above one quite sad cause he ends up on the moon without his woman.







I think I need to take a leaf out of these guys books and realize its quantity not quality.
Also of note, Lyndall just pointed out he has a perfect balls on his face chin.

No comments: