Monday 11 August 2008

The twitches on my face.

I find my face contorting in all sorts of weird ways lately. I didn't actually notice this myself, but now that it has been pointed out to me I can't help feeling the furrowing of my brow and the strange scowl that covers my face as the top of my lip pulls back over my teeth. I know this from feeling as the scowl I have seen what seems like one or two million times on the face of Nick. (My father)
Nick scowls a whole lot. I have never known anyone to scowl as much or look as pissed off at the world as him. I'm pretty sure (not 100 percent) that Nick is the toughest son-of-a-bitch in the world.
I have some pretty good stories about growing up with a father like that, but thats for another time.
The thing with Nicks scowl though is that it seems to be generally at everything in the world, and because of this it kind of feels like its more meaningful than me scowling at bad television commercials and movies and music I don't like and fuckheads.
So I was watching tv and being gazed at in the face in a super close inspection and noticing that everytime I was getting told that my face moved in an amusing manor was in correspondence to the amount of shit I was watching on tv. So choosing to watch the commercials was a bad idea. I have been noticing that advertising is shit a lot more lately. I mean I always knew it, but as I used to work in commercials, and I'm the spawn of advertising as well (yep Nick works at Saatchis) I was covered in the rancid diarrhea of some complete fuckwit who thinks he has the right to call himself a 'creative' nearly 24 hours a day. Sometimes when you are doggy paddling round in a swimming pool of poo your nose becomes used to the smell and you just think its slightly dirty water.
Anyway, as I sit under intense facial scrutiny, I am told what my face is doing. It seems that I must get so worked up on the inside about these shitty bits of filler between the programs that I actually react with a series of facial ticks and look somewhat like a person who should be committed.
This annoys me. Because if there is one thing that I hate its those people that feel like they have to fight the power of the corporation by always saying that advertising is shit and making art out of logos but altering it slightly to tell us some ridiculously shit message which everybody with half a fucking brain already knows.
Speaking of which I went to a gallery and saw a picture painted of the word love, but the word love was made out of guns. Really? Whoever did that is a complete and utter waste of my oxygen. I'm gonna become an artist and paint a much bigger picture of a gun made up completely out of pictures of cocks and vaginas screwing each other and hang it up next to his picture. I'm not even really sure what I mean by it, but I'm sure some fucking cunty arty farty cuntface will make up some deep meaning for it, when I'll just find it funny.
I'm gonna call the painting 'Fuckgun' or maybe 'Penis Cunt Gun Riot'


3 comments:

brett said...

Yuss!! Good times writing the Red. I think you might have just broken through to the next level. Very interesting musical thoughts my friend.
I am an avid reader of LOW POWER CONSUMPTION and would readily recommend it to my friends.

s-flo said...

I'm prepared to offer you $10,000 for 'Fuckgun'.

Greg said...

I am going to actually do this. I am going to make 'Fuckgun.'
I'm then gonna stick it to the window of the gallery. Those arty fucks will love it.