Friday 21 August 2009

I'm getting old.

So I was listening to this review of The Watchmen movie (which I thought was pretty good all things considered actually) and the guy reviewing compared it to those old records you used to get where you'd read along with a cliffs notes version of the movie and the records would play sound effects and dialogue from the films, and you could also read along with the story. He basically said that the Watchmen film was like a read-a-long version of the graphic novel.
Anyway.....whatever.............
I had completely forgotten about those things! So I looked them up and found a few photos of the ones I owned. I found some pictures on an antique toy website. Antique! For fucks sake.
I then tried to turn around and see if James (the fella that sits next to me) had heard of them. He is 25 so I changed it to tapes instead of records because I remember they made those as well and I thought he may be more a cassette kid than an LP kid.
He just looked at me blankly like I was crazy. So did Lyndall when I asked her.
They had no idea what I was on about.
Ugh.
Anyway looking at these pictures brings back all sorts of fun time memories of sitting on the lounge room floor and turning the page when Indie cracked his whip or R2 beeped.
Funny thing is my brain is now putting those memories in a kind of sepia tone grade, with 8mm film dust on them and lots of weave as the film goes through the gate.
Fucking arsehole brain. I bet it thinks its really funny doing that. What a cunt.









No comments: