Thursday 1 September 2011

Blowing up peoples faces.

I am working on a movie at the moment. I probably shouldn't say what I guess, but it has been made before......in a very shit way.
Anyway, the director has decided that it should be mega-fucking-violent. Like Robocop violence. Which is cool. I am not against violent movies at all. The problem is, that my job at the moment is consisting of bullet wounds. Predominately, ones that hit in the face. There has to be lots of blood. And realism. As I sat working late last night, three of us got into an argument about exit and entry wounds. I put quite a bit of fine mist spray coming out the front, where the bullet enters. I am not sure this is right, but it looked good.
Anyway, the discussion continued, and we decided to look at reference. Looking at reference of people getting shot in the face is not cool. Its cool if its from movies. But not real footage. Which, thank you JFK footage, is what we ended up doing. Back, and to the left.
Anyway. I felt slightly sick when I got home late from work last night, and realized I have been using someones murder as reference for a shit action film.
So if you're out there John John. Sorry about that bud. Shot looks wicked though. The film shot, not the one in your face.

No comments: