Friday 9 April 2010

Berlin love.

So it was my birthday last weekend, which happily fell on Easter.
Anywho, I decided that I would go to Berlin as one of my best mates, Simon Beeston-a-ding-a-ling-a-ding-dong was playing at Watergate. Which is a seriously cool club.
I was thinking it would be cool if I got some of my friends from London to come over too, as most of them hadn't been to Berlin and thought maybe they would like to see what the fuss was about.
I wasn't expecting anyone to come really, but I started a facebook group inviting a bunch of peeps.
Now either A: I am way more popular than I thought I was or B: People just wanted to go to Berlin, but heaps of people came. Which was wicked. And made me feel loved beyond belief so that was pretty sweet.
Anyway. I can only describe the weekend as damaging and a hell of a lot of fun.
Watergate was heaps of fun and Simon knocked out a cracker set. Way harder than I expected him to play, which was a nice surprise.
I drunk heaps, ate a lot of sausage, managed to even get a private walking tour from two of the best tour guides out (hats of Simon and Teresa) and danced my arse off.
All in all it was a fucking rad time.
I just wanted to say a big thanks a give a massive hug to all involved.
You know who you are.
Cheers guys!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Legend dude, I had a wicked time too. Thanks to all your Berlin peeps for looking after us with their premium German/Kiwi hospitality. Quality!

Leon